Friday, June 19, 2009

Food, Diet, Health Choices

Dieting has become my new normal. I don't hate it, or love it. I am ONLY eating right and exercising for one reason... because Joseph deserves to have a mommy in his life. I started a couple of months ago. I did really good for the first month, then I changed one of my meds and it messed my digestive system up and my weight loss (NOT my number one goal but VERY important to me) came to a complete stop for about 3 weeks. I also slipped into not so great habits while. My kind, supportive doctor was so pleased I had lost 8lbs. since my last visit and quickly changed my meds back to the outrageously expensive one that I didn't have any side effects on.
Now I feel like I am rambling... oh well it is MY blog.

I am ready to really hit the dieting/eating right again only even stronger. I have had a few off days or maybe they are just not my best days lately. But with my system feeling better and working the way it should I have lost another 1 lb. in the last week anyway.

I am kind of following the dash diet, the low sodium version and now I am ready to work on reducing my calories. The diet says to take things in steps... so first I got on the diet, not keeping track of calories but only eating things I should. I think that was the HARDEST part of the dieting so far. I cried more than I ate... booo, hooo.... waahhhh
I had no idea how emotional food was for me. I think I actually grieved for the things I couldn't eat any more.
Once I started eating right then I started exercising. Slow at first, then working my way up to 45 mins a day for about 5 days a week. I got so depressed from the one med that I really slowed down then got a really bad toothache that ended my exercising. I figure I will start my routine back at 30 mins a day on Monday. I also started the 3 meals 2 snacks a day routine. I have noticed that since I started doing that my stomach has shrunk and I can't eat nearly as much. I actually can't allow myself to be hungry so if I even feel remotely hungry I eat. I eat healthy but not always low calorie.
So I am now ready to start counting those calories. I had NO idea how many calories were in things until now. Wow somethings are Sooooooo high and others are really low. Like one of my favorite things to eat is avocados... bad no, no food... well high calorie anyway, good for you but I have to be careful of how much I eat. And another one of my favorites is mushrooms and it is low calorie but not a lot of nutrients in them...

So I am on a new adventure... a food one... probably why I haven't posted pictures that I have taken in a while. I am still taking them but the food thing is still consuming my world... for now.

1 comment:

Mrs. Courtney Lee said...

You can do it! I have faith in you! (And you don't really ramble. hehe If you want to read some real rambling, check out the past three blog posts I've written. XD)