Sunday, December 21, 2008

I'll Be Home For Christmas

We are all so happy that Josh came home for Christmas!

As a mother I am thrilled to be able to see one of my children again after him being gone for 5 months. I think that the excitement I felt for myself, as huge as it was, paled greatly compared to the excitement that I felt for his sweet wife and darling children to be able to hold their husband and daddy again after so long.

I love Josh! He is an awesome person. As an adult he is one of my favorite people in the whole world. He is fun to be around, he is a kind loving person that just brings a smile to my face to even think about him! He is a fantastic son and is one of the most grateful people I have ever met. He never forgets to thank others for even the smallest tokens of kindness towards himself or his family. I am so happy to have him home for the Christmas Season.

Josh surprised his wife by coming home earlier than he told her he was going to. She was quite upset when he said he couldn't come home until Dec. 23. She had hoped to have him here to do all the preparation for Christmas for their kids. With him coming home so close to Christmas she had all but given up hope for much help from him. I think she had every moment of his stay here planned out to the last second.

He didn't have much money and wanted to do something wonderful for her so he came home the very earliest he possibly could. He even spent the night at an airport in Mobile Alabama to be able to get the first flight out the morning he came home. We were all "in on it" and avoided her like the plague trying to keep his secret. I went and picked Bryce up telling his mommy that we were doing like Josh asked and taking him shopping to get something for her from him for Christmas. After picking Josh up from the airport I called Ashly and told her we were done shopping and could she come get Bryce. She was like, "yes but that didn't take very long"... nope!
Josh was hiding under my Christmas tree!

The rest of the kids were hiding around the room.



Ashly came in talking to Josh's step mom (who Knew what was going on and even that he was already at my house) and she was completely oblivious that anything was going on.
Bryce said, look mommy daddy has your flowers but I don't think she heard him. She said she saw something moving out of the corner of her eye (Josh was moving her flowers) so she looked to see what it was... She sounded like she was instantly at a loss for words and crying and said I have to go, hung up the phone... threw the phone at Josh and walked out of the room trying to regain her composure. About 5 minutes later she came back in, still crying and in Josh's arms. I think as happy as she was it was a bit much to take in all at once. She has been beaming ever since!

The kids took to their normal routine as if he had never been gone and stayed by his side wanting daddy and uncle Josh's attention



Bryce was trying to be like his dad and tried on his hat!

Abby wasn't sure about all of this at first, She probably thought she was dreaming.

she kept looking at her dad it was really cute.


We are all soooooo happy to have Joshie home and love him with all our hearts with love!

No comments: