Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My New Camera Is Here!

I got my new camera around 9:30 yesterday morning. I was and am soooooo excited! I LOVE this new camera! The first thing I had to do was of course charge the battery but that was OK I had to leave to go visiting teaching soon anyway. Then when I got home the battery wasn't done charging and Lindsay and I had a ton of errands to run so we left. The entire day I was wanting to be home to play with my new baby but the urgency of being ready for Christmas took precedence. We didn't get back home until after 5pm and by then it was raining and dark. Oh well it only gave me a reason to really put all the good things I heard about my camera to the test.

My new camera doesn't come with a built in flash and I didn't grab mine I just kept lowering or raising the ISO. So ALL these pictures were taken in natural light with no flash.

My very first picture... hmm... not so good. the lights from the tree fooled the in camera exposure to think it was bright enough... thank goodness I can still take a thousand more pictures : )
I am selling my old camera to my sweet daughter Lindsay. She was playing with it for the first time while I played with mine... see what I started!


Chase is such a doll. I will have to blog about his saying no when ever Mamaw says please.


The best way to capture Joseph is when he is doing something else.



And he is always happy to let me take pictures of his work... he thinks his candy cane is the best drawing on the page.

I love my new camera!

Just playing around!


Jocelyn BEGGED to get her picture taken... I messed one up and said, look we can try 342 more times to be able to get it right... she said that was a lot of times... LOL


Joseph suddenly became interested in having his picture taken after seeing Jocey having so much fun. KIDS!?!!

This was my very favorite picture from this first photo session... or play time. This is straight out of the camera.

and here it is after I played with it in photoshop.
I LOVE my camera. It is so awesome. I don't even know how to use it yet and am in awe of how fantastic it is. I know I won't even be able to scratch the surface of what it can do for months... it is really smart too. It knows what lens I have on it even... how cool is that!

3 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Those are AMAZING! I can't believe the clarity! Sooooooo jealous!

Lindsay said...

they are awsome!!! I am so glad you like it so much I am sure that when I figure out my new one that I will love it too. I love the ones of Jocelyn!

the ridgeways said...

yay!!! keep playing with it! i love the pictures!! i can't wait to see more!!!!