Monday, September 29, 2008

Oregon is only a memory

What a lovely memory it is! We had a great time and would have loved to see more but time wouldn't allow.
The Portland Temple is right off the freeway so you really can't miss it.


The temple is covered in marble. Very beautiful!!
The ocean is always one of my favorite places to see. I am in awe of it's beauty and vastness!




Every Saturday in Portland they have a street market. We went early and left soon after it opened avoiding large crowds. There was a huge variety of items for sell as well as variety of type of people selling and buying.


Brent tried the African chicken wrap and I had an English pastie for an early lunch. Mine was much spicier than his was.

There is a river running right through the city... totally a foreign concept to me. I am not used to rivers that actually have water in them.
The city streets were just amazing, a combination of old and new. A Paradise for a photographer.
This guy was juggling knives as we were leaving.

There are waterfalls about 30 minutes outside of the city. Of course it took us about an hour to find them because we got very lost but we got to see things we wouldn't have if we would have stuck to the highway.
I told Brent after I get my new camera I want to come back to the falls and bring my tri-pod and hiking shoes and take more pictures. There were more falls about a mile up but I wasn't up to the climb in my flip flops and we were extremely short on time after our little detour.

I am completely fascinated by moss... you could say I have a moss obsession.

Looking from the bridge by the falls I could see the river across the way.
When we got to the bridge there was a guy taking pictures over the edge so I had to look down to see what was so cool to take pictures of below us. It was right over the small waterfall.

Out of 4,000 pictures of me I found one that I photoshoped the heck out of that I wasn't too embarrassed to post.




Fall was just beginning. In a week the whole area would be in full fall colors!


Brent was amazed that I found these furry creatures just hanging out watching the tourists.
And a tiger caterpillar for Joseph
And at last heading home. a blurry view out my window.



If you have made it this far and want to see any of them larger check out my flickr.

5 comments:

Salsa Mama said...

When we were in Minnesota, we were also amazed at all the rivers and lakes full of water, all around town! It was very different, but lovely.

SuperCoolMom said...

Those are gorgeous! The one of you is great too! I have to say, I think my fave is the furry caterpillar bending to take a look :)

Lindsay said...

Ilove the picutres they look great! JOcleyn made me stop and go back to the one of you and she said you looked so beautiful standing next to the waterfall!

the ridgeways said...

wow those pictures are amazing! it sounds like you had a really great trip!

Becca said...

I'm from Oregon, from Salem- It's about 1 hr south of P-Town. Oh how I miss it! I miss the yummy WATER, the ocean, the FRESH AIR, the TREES...Steve and I were married in the Portland Temple too. That's so exciting you got to go! You should have taken me with you! :)