Friday, October 17, 2008

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG......


Can you feel the pain of my soul? My computer died! ARGH!! Double and Triple ARGH!!!

Timing in everything... this is awful timing! I have 3 photo sessions proofed and should have already been too their families. I wish I didn't procrastinate. 

I haven't heard back from the computer repair store yet but their best guess was that it was "only" the mother board that died. They indicated that the hard drive should be fine and after they replace the Mother Board and buy new memory for it; since each new mother board upgrade the computer makers make sure you can't use some of your old stuff, like memory; and of course the outrageous labor costs. I am looking at $450 (that includes a new video card that I desperately needed and was planning on getting in the next six months anyway). 
I went out and did some retail therapy... not a good idea, actually I was out with Lindsay because she needed wipes... and she found a wii fit... I have been wanting one forever... ok since June. Anyway... on a day I shouldn't want to spend any money at all I bought a new toy. I figure it is cheaper in the long run than a gym membership I probably won't use very often. Lindsay lost 20 lbs. until she got pregnant, so I am hoping I  can loose weight and maybe even get my blood pressure to head back down.  
And all of this while I am waiting for my beloved new camera to be ready to make it's debut in my world. 

2 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh Man! Bummer about the computer. So cool that you found the Wii fit though! and I'm almost as excited about your new camera as you are! (Living vicariously.)

Lindsay said...

SOrry that when we shop together that I find all the things you want and the things you ddin't knwo you wanted! But tell me it isn't fun?!